Thank you for your interest in coaching our youth! Being a coach is rewarding and also fulfills your Parent Work Commitment requirements. There are some steps involved to get started and they are listed below.
- Complete the “Protecting God’s Children” class. This workshop is offered by the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Current Background Check (within the last two years). The following paper work needs to be completed and will be given to you following the class or it can be obtained at your parish office. Fill out the form and turn in. Also, you can apply online with Missouri Family Care Safety Registry. Fee is $14.25 for online.
- Read the Code of Ethics Booklet. Sign and hand it in to us. See the 1st Vice Chair or the Child Safety Coordinator at St. Norbert Church or your local parish.
- Head Coaches (Managers) also need to have completed the “Coaching to Make a Positive Difference” class.
Need a replacement Social Security Card? Find out how to get one here.
- Be a knowledgeable manager/coach. Know the rules of the-game and the By-laws of the CYC & SNAC.
- All managers and coaches, 3rd grade and above, must register with and possess a CYC ID Card.
- Attend at least three (3) SNAC meetings, preferably during your season.
- Be responsible for the actions and conduct of yourself, your team, parents and spectators at any CYC event. Violations are subject to the disciplinary action of the CYC and/or SNAC.
- Maintain communication with the Sport Coordinator, SNAC, parents and team members. Clear any tournament participation with the Sport Coordinator.
- Communicate with your parents throughout the season, whether verbally or by letter.
- Utilize coaches as necessary to assist the manager in all his duties. We recommend two (2) coaches per team.
- Be responsible for the distribution and collection of equipment in accordance with SNAC Policies.
- The safety of your players must be a priority. Provide a safe environment for the players. Possessing a basic First Aid Kit and having a warm up and stretching routine are recommended.
- Provide the opportunity for players to learn the basic skills of the sport. Schedule a weekly practice. More than one practice a week is optional and may not be considered a required practice.
- Providing players have attended practice and followed the rules, allow all players to play at least half the game. If player consistently misses practice and is a disciplinary problem, you may sit player out of a game completely or take away game time. Let the Sport Coordinator and the parents know why in advance.
- Make sure all teams have a Team Parent, who should work with the manager.
- Coaches shall actively use their influence to promote a Christian attitude and sportsmanship from their spectators, working cohesively with the Coordinator, the St. Norbert Athletic Commission, and the CYC.
- Contest officials shall have the respect and support of the coach. The coach shall no Indulge in conduct which will incite players or spectators against the officials. Public criticism of officials is unethical.
- If you are consistently have a problem that cannot be solved by discussing it with the officials during time out, fill out an incident report.
** Games & Practices will not be scheduled during PSR at the St. Norbert Gym or Athletic Fields. (Currently Monday Evenings, please confirm)
** No child shall miss PSR Classes to attend an athletic event.
** Practices may not start before 1600 (4pm) during the school sessions.
The SNAC Executive Board must approve exceptions.
Soccer: Official “Knights” sleeved jersey with Navy blue shorts and columbia blue socks
Volleyball: Official jersey with black or blue shorts
Baseball: Official “Knights” sleeved jersey with white pants, navy belt, navy Saint Norbert’s logo hat, and columbia blue socks
Softball: Official “Knights” jersey (sleeveless is can option if desired) with navy shorts and columbia blue socks
Basketball: Official “Knights” reversible sleeveless jersey with navy blue shorts. White shirts are allowed under the jersey – no other color.
Golf: Carolina Blue polo with Knights on left shoulder/
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL MANAGERS AND COACHES FOR THEIR TIME AND EFFORT. WITHOUT YOU THERE WOULD BE NO PROGRAM.